Awesome Tips for Good Looking Pastries


Sometimes we want to make something ordinary look totally spectacular whether it be for a special occasion or just to act as a pick-me-up.

Maybe you have someone special coming to morning or afternoon tea and want to impress them by your baking skills.

I  don’t know about others but sometimes I just plain like to be a little different and fancy things up from time to time.

I am usually a very basic – no nonsense cook. To me when in a hurry, taste is far more important that making a dish look like a 5 star chef has made it and let’s face it, those of us that are busy just don’t have that sort of spare time on our hands.

A friend shared this pic with me after we had been chatting about fancy bits we could make for charity fundraisers and I am thrilled that she did.

Photo Credit Unknown

Aren’t these just stunning and yet such simple methods of folding pastry to get such stunning results.

My favourites are the top one that looks like a fat caterpillar and the pinwheel with the cream and strawberry in the centre.

When I saw these, my mind went racing to all manner of fillings I could use in these such as custard and an apricot half, custard and roasted rhubarb pieces, fresh fruit salad and cream etc. etc. etc.

I hope that this post brings a wonderful rush of inspiration to you folks out there in cyber land also.

Even when we are living frugally, is doesn’t mean that we cannot also enjoy a few of the finer things in life as well.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts