Alhoes Pudding



Alhoes Pudding
Photo Credit A. Byrd
This photo is not of this recipes but as I have not been able to make this pudding just yet, it is a close approximation I would think. Although, I would also be inclined to also conclude that the pudding itself would be covered in far more sauce actually in the baking dish. This in turn would make it all the more delicious.

Regardless in my failure to find a more adequate picture, it is always nice to be able to make a really true old fashioned pud for dessert and this one certainly fits that bill.

A very old recipe from my Mom's recipe box.
Serving Size: 8    
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Butter
½ cup Milk
1 cup Flour
dash salt
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 cup Raisins
Sauce:  
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon  Corn Starch
3 cups  Boiling Water
Mix sauce in pan pudding is to be baked in. Pour batter in sauce and bake 30 minutes. While baking the sauce spreads over top. Serve warm.
Ok--Mix the sauce ingredients in pan you are using to bake pudding in. I believe and 8 x 8 pan would be sufficient.. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the sauce and bake. There are no instructions for temperature required, so I would try 350F-375F.
Description:
  "A newspaper clipping from my Mom (Carrie Wagner)"
NOTES : Mom told me this was from a newspaper clipping when she was a teenager. That makes this recipe about 75 years old. (It's 2014)
My Mom was the desert maker for the family.

Shared by permission from a dear friend Sandy

Comments

Popular Posts